Pennsylvania Food Handlers
Pennsylvania food handler safety training is necessary for employees in the food service and hospitality industry. Pennsylvania food safety training is for employees (such as chefs, cooks, servers, preparers, vendors, caterers, supervisors and managers) who are involved in preparing, storing, or handling food that work in: (restaurants, bars, cafes, bakeries, delis, mobile food trucks, assisted-living, day care centers, and convenience stores).
The Pennsylvania Food Handler Training Course is online, easy to use and takes about 2 hours to complete. The course is ANSI-accredited, state-approved and covers the basics of food safety principles, regulations and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. All food safety content materials and exams are available in both English and Spanish.
Start now and get one step closer to obtaining your Pennsylvania food handler’s training card!
Pennsylvania HACCP Certification & Certified Food Managers
Pennsylvania requires person-in-charge, an owner, or employee of a food service establishment be certified in food protection as outlined in the FDA Food Code by successfully passing an accredited ANSI food safety certification exam. For HACCP or Food Manager Certification – Click here
Food Handler Course Description
The Food Handler Training course will discuss the various food safety issues, regulations, and techniques needed to maintain a food-safe environment. It will help the student better understand how handling food correctly is not only the law, but it improves safety and reduces risks.
At the conclusion of the course, the learner will be tested on their knowledge of the learning objectives and content. Upon successfully passing the exam, the learner will be issued a Food Handler’s Certificate document (or card).
Audience: Chefs, cooks, mobile food vendors, bartenders, host/hostesses that handle food, bussers, caterers, wait staff,servers, supervisors and managers, food warehouse staff, and convenience store (c-store) clerks.
Credit Hours: 2 hrs
Upon completion of the Food Handler Training Course students will be able to:
- Identify food safety: its importance, goals, benefits, impact, and proper adherence
- Identify the importance food safety training: issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment
- Identify the types of foodborne illness and food spoilage and their causes and signs
- Identify the types of food contamination: biological, physical and chemical
- Enact the proper food temperature controls and time practices
- Enact the proper procedures to safely prepare, handle and store food
- Implement proper personal hygiene and health practices in the food workplace
- Implement the proper procedures of purchasing, receiving and storing food
- Enact proper cleaning and sanitation methods in the food workplace
- Identify the signs and enact the eradication procedures for pest infestation
Lesson 1: Introduction to Food Safety
Lesson 2: Biohazards, Foodborne Disease and Food Spoilage
Lesson 3: Contamination
Lesson 4: Food and Temperature Control
Lesson 5: Preventing Food Contamination
Lesson 6: Food Receiving and Storage
Lesson 7: Sanitizing
Lesson 8: Pest Control
End of Course Test – Print Your Food Handler Training Certificate
As soon as you complete the food handler course – with a minimum seat time of 75 minutes – you will then be required to take the End of Course Test
With a minimum passing score of 75% on the test, you will be able to download and print your food handler training certificate of completion.
Individuals who do not pass the food handler training test on the first attempt will be allowed one additional attempt to review the course content and pass the test.
Renewing Your Food Handler Certificate
To renew your Food Handler Certification, you must complete the food handler training course again. The entire course must be generally taken every three years to renew your certificate. However, in a few local jurisdictions this may vary, so make sure to check with your local health authority.
Food Handler Course Accreditation – ANSI Accredited ID 0975
Our Learn2Serve food handler training course program has been accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in accordance with the standard set by American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM). This national level certification for food handlers is valid in all 50 states.
Source: ANSI – Food Handler Training Course
Gaining an accreditation from ANSI for the Food Handler Certificate Training Program means quality training that produces a food handler workforce more qualified than those without this Certification. Be a certified food handler. Take the ANSI-ASTM Food Handler Certificate Training Program today!
- Pennsylvania Food Code – Title7: Agriculture – Part III. Bureau of Food Safety and Laboratory Services – Chapter 46. Food Code
- Pennsylvania Food Employee Certification Act, 3 Pa C.S. §§ 6501 – 6510
- Pennsylvania Food Employee Certification Rules
Food Truck and Food Vendor
- Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture – Mobile Food Facility (MFF) Operation Guide (PDF)
- Pennsylvania – Department of Agriculture – Temporary Licenses: Fairs and Events
- Pennsylvania – Temporary Retail Food License Application Packet (PDF)
- City of Philadelphia – Mobile Food Vending Units (PDF)
- City of Pittsburgh – Mobile Food Vehicle Vending (PDF)
- Food Vendors in Pennsylvania
- Eat Safe PA – FAQs
- Central Pennsylvania Mobile Food Association – Facebook
- City of Harrisburg – Food Sales by Street Vendors
- Philly Mobile Food Association
- Bucks County – Mobile Food Vendors
- City of Allentown – Mobile Food Vendors
- Pittsburgh Mobile Food Coalition
- City Of Scranton – Dept. of Licensing, Inspections and Permits
Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture
Bureau of Food Safety & Lab Services
2301 N. Cameron Street
Harrisburg, PA 17110-9404
Phone: (717) 787- 4315
- ANSI Accredited – State Accepted
- Course Duration: 75 mins
- Take course anywhere and anytime!
- Download certificate upon completion!
- Available en Español
- 24×7 Support: (877) 881-2235 – Online
Pennsylvania Food Handler Training Card
Save Big with Group Rates
Get huge discounts by enrolling and training all your employees. Enjoy tailored corporate solutions and training services – a free cloud-based LMS and even consulting services. Track progress, generate reports, and manage learners online. More Info
We offer online Food Safety Training in Pennsylvania for: Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Allentown, Erie, Reading, Scranton, Bethlehem, Lancaster, Levittown, Harrisburg, Altoona, York, State College, Wilkes-Barre, Norristown, Chester, Bethel Park, Williamsport, Monroeville, Drexel Hill, Plum, Easton, Lebanon, Hazleton, New Castle, Pottstown, Allison Park, Johnstown, West Mifflin, Chambersburg, King of Prussia, Murrysville, McKeesport, and many more!
Getting your Pennsylvania Food Handlers Training couldn’t be easier!