Workers can take an active role in designing policies, programs, and practices to protect against the risks of cardiovascular disease.
Check out the new “Fundamentals of Total Worker Health Approaches” workbook to get started during this Heart Health Month.
The workbook, Fundamentals of Total Worker Health® Approaches: Essential Elements for Advancing Worker Safety, Health, and Well-being, prioritizes a hazard-free work environment for all workers and applies a modern prevention approach—consistent with traditional occupational safety and health prevention principles—that recognizes that job-related factors can have an important impact on the well-being of workers, their families, and their communities. The workbook focuses on five Defining Elements of TWH:
- Defining Element of TWH 1: Demonstrate leadership commitment to worker safety and health at all levels of the organization.
- Defining Element of TWH 2: Design work to eliminate or reduce safety and health hazards and promote worker well-being.
- Defining Element of TWH 3: Promote and support worker engagement throughout program design and implementation.
- Defining Element of TWH 4: Ensure confidentiality and privacy of workers.
- Defining Element of TWH 5: Integrate relevant systems to advance worker well-being.
- Know Your Rights – Under Federal law, you are entitled to a safe workplace. Training also plays a key role in the prevention of accidents.
- OSHA Accepted Provider
- 10hr only $79 - 30hr only $169!
- 10% OFF SALE: Enter Promo Code "TRAIN10OFF" at Checkout
How can Fundamentals of TWH Approaches help improve the safety, health, and well-being of your workforce?
This workbook will help you develop new Total Worker Health initiatives or better align existing workplace interventions with the TWH approach. Because each workplace is unique and the experiences of the people who manage and work in them differ widely, this is not intended as a one-size-fits-all tool for program development. However, this workbook can be used to:
- Provide a baseline “snapshot” of where your organization is on the path to TWH
- Identify initial steps to improve workforce safety, health, and well-being, in line with the TWH approach
- Help you to measure your organization’s progress